National Highways have published a number of key documents in relation to the next Road Investment Strategy (RIS) period (2025-2030). The documents relate to the future of the strategic road network (SRN), which encompasses motorways and major A-roads.
The Department for Transport will now undertake an 8-week public consultation process on the SRN Initial Report. This will inform DfT’s draft Road Investment Strategy and National Highway’s draft strategic business plan.
Peninsula transport has been engaged in the development process to date. We are now reviewing the documentation and will set out our full responses in due course but we encourage those living, working and travelling within the peninsula to also have their say. We recommend you respond directly to the consultation, but please also send any comments to us that you would like the STB to consider, you can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Future roads (landing page): https://nationalhighways.co.uk/futureroads
- SRN Initial Report: https://nationalhighways.co.uk/SRNIR
- Connecting the Country: https://nationalhighways.co.uk/connectingthecountry
- Environmental Sustainability Strategy: https://nationalhighways.co.uk/ESS
- DfT’s consultation page: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/shaping-the-future-of-englands-strategic-roads
- South West Peninsula Route Strategy Initial Overview Report: https://nationalhighways.co.uk/media/5flpixmb/r18-south-west-peninsula_acc.pdf
- Birmingham to Exeter Route Strategy Initial Overview Report: https://nationalhighways.co.uk/media/es1b5v5h/r19-birmingham-to-exeter_acc.pdf
- London to Wales Route Strategy Initial Overview Report: https://nationalhighways.co.uk/media/4uimxxgn/r20-london-to-wales_acc.pdf